Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Its not about the nail

://youtu.be/-4EDhdAHrOg

I really like this short video. Sometimes, typically the guys, like to solve the problems while the girls just want to be heard. It is important to listen to understand and not to be right or try to solve the issue.

I learned this week in my class that “To love means to listen” I really like that quote. This week we have been talking about communicating and one of the focuses for me has been to talk and listen effectively. The speaker listener technique is a very good thing because I know that I am really good at assuming or interrupting. With that technique it is very structured and helps with truly listening to the person talking and being understood rather than trying to solve issues and being right. I want to try doing this with my fiancĂ©, and see if we can understand where we individually are coming from better.

I know there are times, more often than not, that I put walls up or just go silent rather than problem solve and communicate effectively with those around me. It isn't healthy and my fiance is so patient with me and loves me enough to let me talk things out when I need to. I am grateful for him in my life! He is my best friend and there is no one else that I would love to talk with and go through this life and eternity with. :)

1 comment: